Our Enrichment Lab takes place every Friday and is the anchor to our academic program. American Academy has taken project-based learning and exploration to a whole new level! The Enrichment Lab provides an active and innovative environment for students to apply their academic learning in a fun and practical way.
– World Languages: Mandarin, Spanish, American Sign Language, Greek and Latin Roots – – Drama and Dance
– Speech and Debate
– Cookie and Cake Decorating
– Fine Arts: Classical and Pop
– Life Success and Etiquette
– Photography and Filmmaking
– Graphic Design
– Musical Instruments and Music Theory
– Computer Programming and Coding
– Journalism and Yearbook
– Business and Technology
– Architecture, Design & Engineering
– Living History
– Health and Fitness, PSAT Prep, TaeKwonDo, and many more…
First Friday of the Month Field Trips
*Available for all Friday students and Inspire Speciality Program Students and their families.
– Farms, Gardens, and Arboretums
– Science Museums and Discovery Centers
– Theme Parks and Aquariums
– Zoos, Sanctuaries, and Animal Preserves
– Heritage and Historical Parks
– Ecology, Planetariums, and Nature Centers
– Activity Centers and Children’s Museums
– Cultural Centers and Art Galleries
– Space, Aviation, and Maritime Museums
Upcoming Field Trips
When: February 1, 2019
Who: All Friday Students and Inspire Specialty Program Students and their families.
Where: Tessmann Planetarium (at Santa Ana College), 1530 W. 17th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706, (714) 564-6000
Price: $TBA/person *Tickets are limited and available only on a first come basis.
- April 12, 2019 – Environmental Nature Center in Newport Beach
- May 3, 2019 – Discovery Cube OC
- June 5, 2019 (Wednesday) – Circus Trix Trampoline Park
*Electives are selected for each semester based on student interest and weekly class schedule. Not all Electives listed above are offered throughout the year.